Community Participation Supports
Community Living Belleville and Area provides a calendar of events, sporting activities and social functions throughout the calendar year. The calendar is updated monthly and is posted on www.communitylivingbelleville.org.
Community Participation Supports provides people with the opportunity to build and maintain natural friendships. Having personal relationships enriches lives.
This is an option for people who are interested in participating in the community but prefer to spend their time with other people who share similar interests. This is an engaging opportunity to be a part of, which includes a day filled with work and volunteer opportunities.
We offer the following:
- Bowling league meets weekly at the Quinte Bowl on Hwy 62. There are approximately 16 teams. Five pin and 10 pin options available. The league run from mid-October to the end of March.
- Book Club at the Belleville Library is on Wednesday afternoons. Volunteers read books of interests aloud.
- Gardening – CLBA has a number of beautiful raised garden beds, as well as contribute to community gardens. Produce grown from CLBA gardens are provided to the Community Development Council for the Good Food Box program and distributed to local families.
- Weekly Entertainment is provided by local musicians. To name a few: Rob Vance, Tim Campbell, Rick Hodgson, Matt Smith and more.
- Pet Therapy – enjoy the opportunity to interact and meet the therapy dogs, pig, and reptiles.
- Baking – join in on a social gathering of cooking, fun and baking. The finished product is yours to enjoy!
- Educational / Public Information -- CLBA invites guests to share their knowledge and stories.
- Swimming and Sporting activities at the Wellness Centre.
There is a small fee for some of the events. The cost will be indicated on the calendar. If you or a friend/family member would be interested in joining call 613-962-2625 in advance to secure your space.
If you are looking for further information, please contact Donna McKeown Manager, Community Participation Supports and Services at 613-969-7407 ext 29 or by email at email@example.com
Community Living Belleville and Area is committed to supporting people to secure volunteer opportunities of interest to them throughout their community. The volunteer roles are determined based on people’s interests, goals and level of contribution they wish to provide. Many organizations and community initiatives value the support people give to our community.
The Manager offers people who we support the level of service they need in establishing a relationship with their community partners. These community relations are formed for as long as the requirements are met for everyone.
Some of the areas in which people we support are continuously involved include:
- Food for Learning at various schools within their community;
- Assisting animals at Veterinary offices and shelters;
- Contributing at local Not for Profit businesses, such as: The Cancer Society, Habit for Humanity, Gleaners Food Bank;
- Helping the Community Development Council put together its Good Food Boxes;
- Recycling at our local college;
- Growing and harvesting food in local Community Gardens;
- Organizing, and participating in, United Way initiatives and events;
- Give time to the Salvation Army to volunteer at its annual Kettle Collection.
If you have an opportunity within your business or service and would like to offer volunteer opportunities for people we support, please contact Donna McKeown, Manager, Community Participation Supports and Services at 613-969-7407, ext. 29